Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Holy Poker Face, Batman!



Just thought I'd give you guys the benefit of an inside tip. If you're ever playing poker with me, and I make this face... I have been scared by your large bet. In the poker industry, this is what's known as a "tell". It means I've "told" you something about my hand.

Let's have a look at some other "tells"...

The "I Can Beat You With My Eyes Closed"


Be on the lookout for this one. Look for the ever so subtle, yet still detectable smirk. This tell signifies confidence - or impending diarrhea. Poker experts have yet to figure this one out.

By the looks of it, the tell probably signified confidence rather than diarrhea:



The "Please God, I'll Never Ask Another Thing if You Will Only Make My Straight Come In."


This tell signifies that the player is waiting for the river to give her that one last card in the deck that can fill up her gut-shot straight-draw.


The "If You Do Not Fold to My Bluff I Will Headbutt You So Hard Chuck Norris Will Be Jealous"



Be on the lookout for this menacing tell. Even though you might be tempted to stay in the hand because your opponent has clearly indicated that he is bluffing, you are better off to fold. It's just not worth it, man.


Trust me.


I nearly died next to the cat on the dining room floor after calling his bluff.


Well, that's all for this week. Tune in at some indefinite time in the future for something else that may or may not be related to poker tells.

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

What about the "I just called my wife out of the game" tell... I need to learn that one! Awesome blog honey ~ I love it (and you!)